<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Wednesday, August 27, 2003
Some talk over at The Corner about Hillary Rodham Clinton making a run for the White House. I wouldn't run it out, but I don't believe for one second that it would be a positive thing for the Dems.

Unadulterated, unmitigated disaster.

I don't believe that fringe Left would fall behind the Clinton machine, especially once Dean and Kucinich have been told by the DNC that they won't work. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al., will have a field day. Yeah, her book sold well, but does anyone really believe that mainstream America - flyover country - cares about Hillary? Yeah, that's what I thought. A reader sent a comment to the Corner suggesting former Gen. Wesley Clark as a potential VP. Supposedly he'll work well in the South. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Southern candidates that work do so because they have Good Ol' Boy appeal. You can look at the candidate and tell that he'd be a good hunting/fishing/golf buddy. A pompous man from Atlanta wouldn't mean anything to a Southerner if he wouldn't be comfortable spending a summer in Pensecola and Gulf Shores, or a week at a West Alabama hunting cabin.
3:07 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|