<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Thursday, June 03, 2004
I wonder what it is that Andrew Sullivan wants. Yes, George Tenet should have been fired two years ago. Thank God he's gone, and maybe now we can have a responsible individual in the office of DCI. Sullivan contends that the President is avoiding personal responsibility. I just don't see it. I see the President being loyal to a fault, and that becomes a trait of irresponsibility. Still, it's not explicit. Sullivan argues that the President is part of a culture that says "If it feels good, do it, and if you've got a problem, blame somebody else." This is rhetoric, and Sullivan is capable of so much more. What exactly has the President blamed on other people? At some point Bush must rely on Tenet or Rumsfeld; he can't do everything.

As for not apologizing to the Arab people, I'm not sure what to think. There was the press conference with the Jordanian king, where Bush offered his apology. But to the Arab people, I'm not quite sure we owe an apology. That might imply that we're two groups of people on equal footing, and that's just fooling ourselves.
12:51 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|