<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Monday, September 27, 2004
Following Alabama's loss to Arkansas on Saturday afternoon, it was my duty to procure the necessary ingredients for hamburgers. The troops were restless and hungry, so off I went. The store nearest to my friends apartment was Target. Feeling a little bummed from the loss, I thought to cheer myself up. I was still in a football mood, so I thought I'd pick up the new book about Alabama football by Warren St. John, Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. The book is available all over town at Wal-Mart, all bookstores and even grocery stores. Logic would lead one to believe that Target would also join the fun, since this is the home of the the University of Alabama.

Wrong.

Target had a copy of the every David Sedaris book. Target had a copy of The Devil Wears Prada. But nothing about Alabama.

Now I've always been something of a crunchy conservative(see here and here), and I'm not a huge fan of Target. Wal-Mart is even worse. But how hard is it for Target to be aware of the surrounding community and make the slightest attempt to cater towards it?

Guess not. I can see why flyover country still prefers Wal-Mart. I love David Sedaris but sheesh.
5:26 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|