<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Tonight I began to reread this book by J.P. Moreland. It was required reading for a class I took during my freshman year of college, when I attended a Christian college. The book was a eye-opener for me, helping to push me towards understanding the crucial role of reason in the life of a Christian.

One of the points Moreland makes very early on in the book is the failure of the evangelical Church to train young people in the important of having an intellectual Christian mind. He suggests that more work be done to train Christians how to be, essentially, better Christians within vocation. All points well made.

In reading this, I couldn't help but think of Rather-gate. Not specifically Dan Rather, but the media in general. Much has been written about the steady secularization of the media over the last generation. Imagine a media where intelligent Christians were active; people who understood the role of the journalist and sought to expose the truth in our American life (or international life, as the case might be). While I realize that the truth would not always be favorable towards my preferred candidate or political party (Republicans have affairs, too, unfortunately), I'll take the trade if it means no more fake memos, no more mud-slinging, no more trash.
7:12 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|