<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Dr. John Mark Reynolds is handing out Uncle Tony awards in honor of Bill Clinton's preacher pal Tony Campolo. Hilarious. I can't wait to see who wins.

Reynolds is offering double points for the "young people are turned off by Republican politics in church" angle. I've always disliked that story, too, but as Hugh Hewitt mentioned in his book In But Not Of: A Guide to Christian Ambition, some preachers - whether conservative or liberal - need to stick to the Scripture and not the party platform of the Dems or the GOP. I'm not sure what things are like outside the Bible Belt of the Southeast. I do know that a quick glance at Sunday morning church servics on local tv - normal evangelical churches, not tv preachers - will often display well-meaning preachers offering political commentary that is off the mark. To be fair, though, I imagine the butcher of political ideology would be far worse in a liberal environment. Like it or not, the current liberal dogma in America is full of nuance (I can think of other, less family-friendly words to describe it) and far more susceptible to misinterprestation.
8:46 AM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|