<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Wednesday, December 29, 2004
I managed to make it through the year and miss a number of new releases by some really great artists. To date, I have yet to hear any significant portion of the new albums by Wilco, Interpol, Iron and Wine, Tom Waits, Neko Case, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Pedro the Lion or Belle & Sebastian. I'm not sure how this happened, but nonetheless I did. I do offer this humble listing of my favorite records for the year 2004, listed in no uncertain order.

Mindy Smith - One Moment More
mewithoutYou - Catch For Us the Foxes
Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un M'a Dit
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
The Good Life - Album of the Year
Keane - Hopes and Fears
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Kanye West - College Dropout
Tift Merritt - Tambourine
Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Bright Eyes - Lua e.p.
The Walkmen - Bows and Arrows
Norah Jones - Feels Like Home (this record gets special mention for featuring covers of Tom Waits and Townes Van Zandt)

I think all in all that's a varied group of selections. Normally I'll hear records as soon as they're released but this year I managed to avoid the hype. I don't say this as bragging. I also managed to see very little in the way of live music. Certainly the biggest act I saw was the Pixies back in October. Other notable live shows would include: Azure Ray, Lucero, Pedro the Lion, the Elected and Death Cab for Cutie.
6:31 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|