<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Thursday, January 20, 2005
I was ready to post a long and thoughtful rebutal to Peter Robinson's take on the President's magnificent speech this afternoon, but Hugh Hewitt beat me to it.

At times, I am leery of the President's willingness to use the state as a means of remedying society's ills. Yet I think the President fundemantally realizes that our government cannot be undone in the way that most conservatives would like. The President is using a popular notion - the state as a social safety net - and ensuring that it no longer be a hammock. He is laying the groundwork for further conservative action. If the policy wonks will chill out, we'll get to see thr fruit of the President's idealism.
8:53 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|