<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Sunday, January 16, 2005
Is it possible that creativity really does suffer in a comfortable environment? I live in a nice apartment, with central heating and air. I have a dishwasher and a trash disposal. There's plenty of room. The floors are nice, and the sidewalk outside is clean. But somehow the whole thing feels weird. Part of me feels like I have it too good, that maybe I should be living on hardwoor floors with a window unit and a small kitchen. Perhaps it's all a mystique, just a ridiculous ideal of what it means to be original. Probably so. Every college town is full of pseudo-writers living in ramshackle apartments full of framed black and white photographs that aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Then again, a little hard work and I might be able to make this thing work. This blog, I mean, make it something more original than every other site out there run by a conservative Christian. I'm both of those things - a Christian and then a conservative. But I think it would be worthwhile to ensure that this whole site is more than rehashed opinions of everything I heard on Rush or read on NRO. So if I start talking about Art Blakey or how the Colts stunk up the joint today or about how there's condensation on the inside of my window, bear with me.

And just to fulfill my duty as a conservative blogger, I shall take up the topic of South Park Conservatism this week. Here's a preview: I'm in favor of it. Does this make me out of sorts with other Hewitt-inspired blogs? I'm not surprised either way. But there I go again with contradictions. Now I have a headache.

Time for a glass of Bolthouse Farms and it's off to bed.
10:01 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|