<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Saturday, June 11, 2005
Yesterday evening I finished The Magician's Nephew, and I'm now I'm excited like a little kid to finish the rest of the Chronicles. It's raining in Tuscaloosa, thanks to Tropical Storm Arlene, so there will be lots of indoors for me. I just got a copy of The Great Divorce in the mail, so perhaps I'll dive into that. I bought Stardust Memories a while back; maybe I'll watch that. Or I'll get really wild and do both.

Speaking of tropical storms, who names these things? Arlene isn't a name you hear much of anymore. Isn't that a town in Texas?

I haven't listened to much talk radio lately. That's a pretty healthy thing, I think, because otherwise my blood pressure would be high as a kite. I love Rush and all, but most days it's better to read the paper and relax about the state of the world. I've even back away from sports talk. Of course, this is the most boring time of the year for sports fan, so that's no surprise. Let October roll around and we'll find Alabama with a 4-2 record. I'll be tuning into Paul Finebaum every afternoon, I'm sure.

I'm still listening to the new Coldplay record, but I'm finding it to be a tad monotonous. It's not bad by any means, but other than tracks 2, 4 and 5, I'm left underwhelmed. It's obvious that bands like Interpol and Elefant have played a role in shaping the new sound. There's more feedback and noise in the music. Has Coldplay traded in Jeff Buckley for My Bloody Valentine? Not quite, I guess, but the change is more noticable than I might have thought at first.
11:09 AM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|