<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Monday, August 15, 2005
I am so lazy. I just won't be able to finish the books I've been trying to read. I never got past the fourth chapter of Fr. Neuhaus' Death on a Friday Afternoon or Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. I meant to, but life called. So I shall return the books to the library. Ah, well. I'll probably buy them soon enough. Whatever my disagreements with Neuhaus's views of Mary and justification, it's a book worth having in the library and Ishiguro is an absolute master.

In his blog this morning, Al Mohler had this to say:

"Before closing the door on this issue, however, we should note that what we need now is what I call an "animal respect" movement that avoids the grotesque excesses of the animal rights movement but does demonstrate a truly Christian concern about the respect we owe animals as creatures made for God's glory. I'm working on an essay on that theme to be released soon."


Animals rights does not and should not supercede the defense of the unborn, the elderly, the disabled, the oppressed and the manipulation of embryos and genetic material. Yet I return to my belief, and it is encouraging to see Dr. Mohler's agreement, that the compassion of Christ must be extended, in one sense or another, to all living creatures. Humans first, but our call to dominion is not and cannot be a call to indulgence and abuse. I'm excited to read Dr. Mohler's essay. I hope it is a fair treatment of the subject.

One of my favorite pundits has a quote on a Starbucks cup. Read his interview here. Be aware that I agree with this interview 110%.
10:52 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|