<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Monday, September 19, 2005
Here's some links for your Monday morning.

To begin, former head football coach at the University of Alabama Bill Curry has a fantastic article on former Heisman Trophy winner Danny Wuerffel's work in New Orleans at Desire Street Missions. I've always heard great things about Desire Street, and I have a newfound respect for Wuerffel. Read this one even if you're not a sports fan; it's that good.

Both of my parents have jobs that can be quite stressful, but we very often ate dinner as a family while growing up. They still do, though I no longer live at home. I was surprised to learn, once I arrived in college, how many peope don't do that. Of course some families can't for whatever reason, but a great many just...don't. Sad, I think, and so do a lot of other people.

Here are two good blogs. First, John Mark Reynolds is a philosophy professor at Biola University, an Easteran Orthodox believer and a challenging blogger. Reading his site is always a helpful exercise for me.

Hugh Hewitt has put together the One True God blog, with scholars from a variety of Christian backgrounds. This should make for very interesting and fruitful reading as it develops.

Here's two thoughtful pieces on cultural matters from Al Mohler; see this and this.

Lastly, here's an insightful blog by a Catholic convert, a friend of friends.
9:40 AM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|