<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Thursday, October 06, 2005
I was telling the lovely Lori just two nights ago that William F. Buckley, Jr. has been an enormous influence on me, both in terms of my writing style and my own socio-political viewpoints. Today, the President made this remarks to Mr. Buckley at a White House lunch. Tonight, National Review will celebrate its fiftieth anniversary in New York City. Would that I were priveleged to be at such an occasion. I am immensely grateful for the contributions Mr. Buckley has made to American life, and to my own, for without NR, it is likely that my ideas, humble though they may be, would be undeveloped and scatterbrained. Then again, such juvenile thinking could get me into the United States Senate with little or no effort.

Hats off to WFB for helping a whole host of us keep our sanity.

WFB on NR's first issue, and on the death of Russell Kirk.
11:54 AM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|