<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
A few weeks ago, Lori and I joined some friends in seeing Nickel Creek perform at the Alabama Theatre. The Alabama is a historic theatre in downtown Birmingham. It's a beautiful place; refurbished in the late 1990s and the sound is just fantastic. I noticed something while there, and it's had me thinking for a while. I was using the restroom. There was writing on the wall. Now this is nothing new. There's always something written on the wall of the men's room.

"For a good time call..."

"Auburn rules..."

"You are now standing at a 45 degree angle..."

But on this night on November I noticed something unique. Something of the writing was of the more mundane "Billy loves Susie" and "Izzy loves Scuzzy" variety. Except these names were dated in the late 1920s, 30s and 40s. Surely the writing would have been cleaned when the theatre was restored. Perhaps not? Either way, that's an interesting bit of trivia. I wonder what happened to those couples whose names have been present for so many hypothetical decades.
9:09 AM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|