<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Ligon Duncan and Al Mohler have some marvelous words on reading.

I have always loved books, and while I have a tendency to buy far more than I can read, I still love, and I mean love, to get lost in the bookstore, the library and my own collections. Reading has become a very serious joy for me. It is a joy I hope to pass on to my children and their progeny. It is a joy that I pray never diminishes in my own life.

Currently I'm reading:

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

The Challenge of Jesus
by N.T. Wright

I'm also taking a very intensive historiography class that requires at least one book a week. Right now I'm working on C. Vann Woodward's revered work, The Origins of the New South.
10:50 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|