<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Friday, October 27, 2006
It's a Friday afternoon, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing. I'm mentally exhausted from pounding away on a paper about Marx and Braudel, with a few revisions to go. I suppose now is as good a time as any to say this...

I'm closing this blog down.

It's been a nice run. I've been mentioned in a book (Hugh Hewitt's Blog), I've had a lot of hits (mostly during the 2004 election) and recieved some nice books to review. But life has caught up with me. My new wife and I spend loads of time with one another, but we need even more. I'm one semester away from a M.A. in History, getting ready to apply to PhD programs around the country. I guess I could say I've got bigger fish to fry than to blog here. The most successful blogs seem to be run by those folks who have already settled into a career. Perhaps I'll pick this back up when people call me Doctor.

Blogs have started to make my head hurt. If it ain't one thing, it's another. Teetotalism. Calvinism. Emerging. Conservatives. Liberals. Young Earth. Old Earth. Politics....blah blah blah. I'm not tired of it, but I'm tired ready blogs and getting angry at people I don't even know, who are probably really great folks and doing their best to serve God. So I've quit reading and I'm calling it quits.

Thanks for reading. All of you. I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty much through reading whatever you write. I'm picking up John Stott and Bill Buckley and David Sedaris and lots of academic junk and picking up a cup of joe.

You can find me and my pretty wife on the front porch. Ya'll take care.

You can still e-mail me, if you like, at matthew.stokesATua.edu
4:55 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|