<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Doce me faces voluntarem tuam quia Deus meus es tu

Sunday, October 01, 2006
Three quick hits:

1. I paid $1.99 for a gallon of gas today. Unreal. I haven't done that in over two years.

2. I attended a wonderful service at an ECUSA church today. Clear Scriptural teaching, orthodoxy everywhere and the Gospel was clear. I understand now why so many are reluctant to leave the mainlines; there are families who've spent years in these churches. They're reluctant to turn it over to a band of heretics. As well they should be. No more shall I pass by a mainline church - ECUSA, PCUSA or otherwise - and assume that the church is full of leftwing universalists. I'll write more on this later.

3. Lastly, I believe the time has come to quit defining my faith by what I am not. My faith is Christ is defined by Christ, and all else flows from that. Whatever I believe about secondary issues must be rationalized from Scripture, and I am do myself and my Lord no favors when I take Pharisaical pride in the notion that I'm not like them. I feel sure that I must believe what I believe and let all other chips fall where they may.
10:32 PM :: ::
<< Home
Matt :: permalink


|